Registering for any Town of Penetanguishene Recreation & Community Services Department program constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions contained herein and attached hereto.
Each class varies with the number of spaces available, please register early to avoid disappointment. Submission of a registration form does not constitute immediate acceptance into the program. Registrations will be processed in the order they are received and those who register in person on opening day will be served prior to forms submitted by email/fax. Due to the high volume of registrations, you will only be contacted if there is a problem with your registration. An email will be sent to all registered participants prior to the start of your program to confirm the program details. Once a class has been filled, interested registrants will be placed on a waiting list in order of the date registrations are received.
Late registrations are welcome but are subject to availability. When space is available, the fee for late registrations will be the same as the original program cost.
AGE OF PARTICIPANT
Activities and programs are designed for a specific age group, and are often based on specific skill levels. Please respect the age guidelines. For all programs, the participant must be the age stipulated in the program description prior to the program starting. Programs have been developed to serve the best interest of all participants in our classes. Please contact the Recreation & Community Services Department if you have any questions.
We try our best to not cancel any classes during our planned sessions, but unfortunately, some instances are out of our control that requires classes to be canceled and may include;
- Instructor Illness/Availability
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Facility Closure/Not Available
If a class is cancelled during the session, we will attempt to provide a make-up class, but please note that in some instances, this may not be available and no refund will be provided. Classes will be scheduled to operate in all types of weather conditions. Certain School Boards (SCDSB/SMCDSB) cancel rentals when school buses are canceled, which is out of our control. If a class is cancelled due to poor weather, an email will be sent out to all participants and a phone call to those with no email address on file to notify you of the cancellation. If you do not here anything, then assume the class is running, or you may call Town Hall prior to 4:30 pm to verify 705-549-7453.
The Town of Penetanguishene reserves the right to modify/cancel classes, even after registrations have been processed, due to insufficient enrolment in a class, or for operational needs. Refunds will be processed for any classes that get cancelled by the Town, prorated on the percentage of the course remaining.
LOST OR STOLEN ARTICLES
The Town is not responsible for any damage to, or loss of any property brought onto the premises.
- Payment will be accepted in the form cash or cheque payable to the Town of Penetanguishene, VISA, MasterCard or Debit.
- The Town of Penetanguishene will charge an administrative fee of $40.00 for cheques that are returned to us by the bank. If this should occur, your registration will be null/void until you replace your original cheque with Cash/Debit/Visa/MasterCard, in the amount of the total program registration fee plus the $40.00 administration fee.
- Approved refund requests/withdrawals will be refunded based on the program fees paid, minus a $10.00 administrative fee per person, per program. All refunds will be prorated on the percentage of the course remaining at the time of the withdrawal request, which must be submitted by email or in person. Refund requests will not be approved if less than 50% of the session dates remain. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks to process refunds.
In consideration of the acceptance of my application and the permission to participate in a program sponsored by the Recreation & Community Services Department, Town of Penetanguishene, I hereby waive and forever discharge the Corporation of the Town of Penetanguishene, its employees, agents, instructors, officers, and elected officials from all claims, damages, costs and expenses in respect to injury or damage to my person or property, however caused, which I may sustain as a result of my participation in the program, provided such claims are not caused by the negligence of the Town of Penetanguishene. The Town of Penetanguishene reserves the right to use photographs of recreation programs for promotional use.