Main Street Reconstruction Update - September 28, 2018
The works required at the Thompson Road intersection have been moving along as planned this past week with only minor changes required. Although the majority of the pipes have been placed in the ground, the work required to reinstate the intersection to asphalt is still a week away so your continued patience would be appreciated. JB Enterprises Ltd. has completed the following work for the week ending September 28, 2018:
- Sanitary Main Line completed.
- Completed New Storm Structures and Leads,
- Sanitary Services and Water Services Completed,
- Boulevard Stones from Brock Street to Robert Street Completed,
- Granular Material and Sub Excavation Complete on Main Street to Thompsons Road,
- Sidewalk complete from Robert Street to Edward Street on East side of Main Street,
- Completed Curbs From Robert Street on Main Street to North of O.L. Dubeau Road;
- Completed Watermain works at Main Street and Thompsons Road intersection.
The following items are scheduled to be completed for the week of October 1, 2018 to October 5, 2018:
- Reduce the Thompsons Road Intersection to a single lane and Maintain Single Lane Traffic Controlled by Flag Persons
- Sub Excavate and place Granulars in Thompsons Road Intersection to prepare for asphalt placement,
- Continue Boulevard Stones from Robert Street Heading South on Main Street,
- Complete Water Service tie over and Decommission Temporary Water Main,
- Continue Sub Excavation and Granular Material from O.L. Dubeau to Thompsons
- Continue Curbs and Sidewalk From North of O.L. Dubeau to Thompsons Road on
- Main Street,
- Saw Cut Asphalt at Thompsons Road in Preparation for New Asphalt;
- CCTV Remaining Sanitary from Jeffery Street to Thompsons Road.
The traffic disruptions at the Thompson Road intersection are being received very well so far with a good portion of the traffic moving to other points of access for the Town. This has caused the other points of access, noticeably Fuller Avenue and Robert Street East, to become very congested. If you are using this intersection, please proceed with caution and understand that delays can be expected at Fuller Avenue and Robert Street East as well as Thompson Road and Main Street.
For the businesses that typically have access of Main Street but are currently in the active reconstruction zone, please use the Edward Street detour to access these businesses. This includes Subway Restaurant, Trendz Hair Studio, Imperial Tailoring and all the businesses that are part of the Angel Gate Plaza.
Thank you to everyone for your unrelenting support and continued patience while the Thompson Road and Main Street Intersection is reconstructed. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact the Public Works Department at 549-7992 or visit the Town of Penetanguishene website at www.penetanguishene.ca.
Bryan Murray, P. Eng.
Director of Public Works
Town of Penetanguishene